I like using Logitech setpoint software to define the horizontal scroll and other extra buttons on my LX7 mouse. Unfortunately every time I would login as a non-administrative user the following message would pop up:
Sorry You must have Administrator privileges to complete the task.
1) Login to an account with administrative privileges.
2) Navigate explorer to C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint.
3) Rename the two files named “LogitechUpdate.exe and Logitech Update2.exe” to something else. I just added a “1” in front of the filename.
4) Logout of the account with administrative privileges.
5) Login to a limited user account to see no popup dialog.
I would note that you should probably turn off automatic updates in Setpoint; this fix will break that option.